Today was a nice day for doing nothing. It was way to cold to venture outside. It only hit 65 degrees!! Huck was making fun of me today for a comment I made. I wake up around 8 every morning, but like to lay in bed for 15-30 minutes playing on my phone before I actually get up. I told him I like to lay in bed and relax before moving to the couch to watch TV. I was joking but today it was true. I got up and come straight to the couch.
I did clean up and went to the gym, so I didn’t just lay around “all day”. I have been running the past 2 weeks. I am not a runner at all, today, I did a mile in 12 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself. Considering I couldn’t run a 1/2 mile 2 weeks ago, I think I am getting better.
|Ginny enjoyed the cool weather today, too.|
|He can, also, be sweet sometime.|
For dinner, I cooked a turkey breast we bought at Publix last week.
- 5 lb Turkey Breast
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Salt Free Cajun Spice
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix butter and Cajun spice together in a bowl.
- Rub mixture on turkey getting some under the skin.
- Roast covered in foil for 2 hours basting with juices in pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes per pound. My turkey took about 2 hours.
- Remove foil from turkey in the last 20 minutes so the skin can brown.
- Remove form oven and enjoy.
I served our Turkey with Mushroom Gravy. We are going crazy with the mushrooms not that I know I can eat them.
Mary’s Mushroom Gravy
- One can Mushroom Soup Mix- I used Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp A1 Steak Sauce
- Combine ingredients and cook on low until warm.
- Serve with turkey and mashed potatoes.
|Looks like Thanksgiving dinner!|
|I’m a sucker for Crispy Skin!!
In the first few weeks of my blog, I was lucky to have 20 views a day on my blog. Now I average 100. It is crazy to me that 100 people looked at my blog. Or my mom and Huck’s mom looked at it 100 times a day :). If you like my blog be sure to go to my Facebook Page and feel free to leave a comments. I’d love to hear from you guys about ways to make my blog better or any question you have about recipes or anything in general.
I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend. Back to the real world tomorrow!