Today, we used some of our wedding money and purchased new pots and pans. Our pans were over 7 years old and needed to be retired 5 years ago. I couldn’t wait to get home and try them out!!
Makes 4 Servings. 2 Tostadas Each
- 1 lb Large Shrimp- Peeled, Shelled, and Deveined
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Powder- More or less depending on your taste
- Salt and Pepper- To taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin- Optional
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper- Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion- Chopped
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place corn tortillas on a bake sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 14-16 minutes or until crispy.
- Season shrimp with garlic, onion, red pepper powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Set shrimp a side to marinate.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add oil to pan.
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sear on each side.
I love Guacamole! I really like the Florida Avocados, too. They have less fat and calories than regular Hass Avocados. The only difference is they have a milder flavor, but I couldn’t tell the difference in the guacamole.
Have you tried the Florida Avocados??
I hope everyone had a great weekend!!
We spent our day shopping and finishing our thank you cards.
Our waitress brought us a sample of their house beers and we ordered the Butchers Shop Pizza.
That’s a whole lot of bacon and sausage!!
The crust was great, but the pizza was a little greasy. I can’t imagine why, though. Surely it has nothing to do with the fact there was half a pig used to make this pizza!
After shopping, I straightened up the house. It feels so nice to have our house back in order.
We decided to stay home for Thanksgiving, so we can be home for Christmas.
Huck and I went grocery shopping and planned to buy a turkey breast to eat on Thanksgiving, but the whole turkeys were 1/3 the price, so we came home with a 16lb turkey for just me and Huck! I see lots of turkey recipes in our future!