After completely forgetting about going to the Community Garden Event today, me and Huck rode our bikes to the bank and grocery store. I blame Pinterest and wedding blogs for not going. After seeing pictures online from the garden, it seems to mostly family and kids. Kind of glad me missed it! Screaming kids at 9AM doesn’t sound like much fun!
|Me and my awesome bike with the cold groceries. Helped to keep my back cool on the way back|
|Huck with the other half of the groceries and beer.|
|A few grape tomatoes made it a complete meal.|
|Doesn’t he look like a toddler? :)|
|This is one happy Yahoo!|
|This is not!|
|“Really. Really!! I have to wear this hat for you to take a picture… Again? How many pictures do you need!!”|
- 1 lb Red Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 Oil
- Cook potatoes in microwave until tender.
- Lay cooked potatoes on cutting board and flatten with hand. Be careful not to burn your hand. I used a towel so the steam did not burn my hand.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes until golden brown and flip.
- These are nice because the inside is tender and the outside is crispy.
Mushroom and Onion with Red Wine Sauce
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Sliced Onions
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- After removing steaks from the pan, deglaze the pan with the water stirring to remove all the brown bites on the bottom of the pan.
- Add mushroom and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine. Be careful when adding wine because the wine could flame up brief. If this happens, place a lid over the pan to kill the flame.
- Reduce sauce down by half and serve over steak.
|Flatten potato before crisping in oil.|
|Potatoes cooking in oil.|
|Crispy Potatoes! Nothing better!!|
|Enjoyed with a glass of the same wine from the sauce.|