It has been almost 2 week since I have even been on my blog. On morning I woke up, and I decided I didn’t want to blog, didn’t want to read blogs, or even think about blogging! Normally, I make dinner and even though the pictures do not turn out that great, it still taste good, but not this past week. Nothing has been that great. *Have I even cooked anything??? I can’t even remember*
I really haven’t had much to blog about. We went to Tequesta again, but really how many more times do I need to post that? Date night at the beach… yep it is on there too. We have gone out to eat a few times, but my meals have beeen underwhelming to say the least. Not even worth complaining about in a post (we did order food from Hog Snappers that was really good, but I didn’t take any pictures.)
Every now and then, I get bored with food. If you know me, you know I love to eat. And I eat a lot!! How I stay skinny is beyond me. But sometimes, nothing excites me. I get into food funks! I become one of those people that Eats to Live instead of my normal Lives to Eat self. I have to remind myself to eat. I think of it as my bodies own diet plan. My pants that were getting a little snug feel a little better, so I’m fine with the funk for now. I did make a meatloaf last night that was pretty good. Huck told me he wasn’t a fan of meatloaf until he had mine. That made me feel good. Our old roommate, Gump, liked my meatloaf too. He asked me to make it for him a few times.
- 1 lb Ground Lean Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Onion- Chopped
- 1 Large Garlic- Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used the croutons from my Food PenPal because I was out of bread crumbs. I just crumbled them up first)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together all the ingredients but the turkey. I do this so I make sure everything is combined, and I do not have to worry as much about over mixing the meat.
- Add turkey and combined.
- Form mixture into one large loaf or small loaves. Me and Huck both like the end pieces, so I did individual ones.
- Place meatloaf on foil lined pan and top with more ketchup.
- Depending on the size of your loaf or loaves, cook until the meat is all the way cook through and the sides are browned. My little loaves took 20 minutes.
Serve with Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes and Veggie for a complete meal.
Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
- 1lb Red Potatoes
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Chicken Stock- Warm
- 2 Cloves Garlic- Minced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Dice potatoes and add to a pot and cover with water. Cook on medium low to medium heat until fork tender.
- Add Stock, butter, and garlic to a small sauce pan and heat on low to melt butter and warm stock.
- Drain potatoes and add stock mixture and salt and pepper.
- Mash using a fork or potato masher and check seasoning. Add more stock as needed to get creamy texture.
- Serve warm.
The leftover Meatloaf Patties will make a great sandwich for lunch today. :) It is that time of year where South Florida getting the daily 3PM rain showers. Ginny isn’t a fan. Over the last year and a half, he has developed a storm phobia. I know when it is going to storm before I hear the thunder now. Me and Huck came home the other day and couldn’t find him after a storm. Some how he squeeze under our bed, but wasn’t able to squeeze back out. It was interesting trying to get him out to say the least. A tornado could be right outside the house, and as long as Huck is close by, London could care less!! In other news, my article made 2nd page in the paper!! Moving up from the usually 2nd page of the 2nd section. Oh and I also bought a coffee maker this week. I am almost 27 years old (SHIT THAT SOUNDS OLD) worked 7AM-7PM in the ER for 2 years on 4-5 hours of sleep and managed to never need coffee until now. If only I would have know soon! Some of those 12 hour shifts would have been a lot easier!! So that is my update. I currently waiting for Huck to get back to remove the Grasshopper from the kitchen. He jumped on my arm, and I thought it was a spider. I’m sure the dogs got a good laugh out of it!! Once he is taken care of, we are off to brew beer. 12 more days until we are back in Georgia!!!