Huck loves Pizza.
Me: “What do you want for dinner?”
Huck: “Pizza or Tacos!”
Me: “Do you want to try something different?”
Huck: “No! I like Pizza and Tacos!!”
We recently helped at the Abacoa Community Garden and received BAGS of fresh tomatoes. I decided to use them for a pizza sauce for our homemade pizza tonight.
This sauce would be great on Pizza, with Pasta or spread on a nice crusty bread.
What makes this sauce so great, is the fresh tomatoes and fresh herbs. Oh, and all the garlic.
Fresh Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 lb Tomatoes- Peeled, Stem Removed Crushed, with Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion- Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Oregano- Chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Crushed Red Pepper to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil- Chopped
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, bay, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce tomatoes until most of the extra water is removed. It will be thicker than Spaghetti sauce but thinner than tomato paste.
- Add basil and spread on pizza crust or add to pasta. Or eat by the spoonful out of a bowl (It was that good!!)
I added Zucchini, Carrots, and Yellow Squash to my pizza, and we used Low Fat Cheese. It does not melt the same as full fat cheese but still has all the same flavor.
Huck went the spicy route with his pizza with Hot Sauce and extra crushed red pepper!
I had a 2 hour nap today, so I’m sure I will be up late!
This is the view from our house for the past few afternoons. Makes me not feel as bad sleeping all afternoon when it is raining outside! I already miss Winter! The weather is prefect then!!
Well I’m off to watch Huck spoil the dogs!! Good Night!