I bought a Frozen Vegetable Mix from Kroger that had Kidney Beans, Green Beans, Navy Beans, Broccoli, Carrots, Peas, Corn, and Lima Beans. I loved Kroger’s frozen veggie mix because they would go on sale for $1.00 or less!
Five Bean Sheppard’s Pie
- 1 Package Frozen Vegetable Mix-Thawed (anyone you like)
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion-Chopped
- 2 Cloves-Garlic
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2-3 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add ground Turkey and brown. drain off extra fat.
- Melt butter and add flour to empty pan.
- Slowly mix in stock, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Allow to thicken a few minutes and add turkey and vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour mixture into oven safe dish and top with mashed potatoes.
- Place pan on baking sheet (prevent mess) and bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.