Every now and then, I cook something and want to pat myself on the back. This was one of those recipes that made me want to do that.
Key Lime Wheat Beer No Bake Cheesecake
- 8 oz Fat Free Cool Whip (I know but I didn’t want to use full fat Whipping Cream)
- 8 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese- Softened
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Reduced Beer (Recipe to follow)
- 1 Tbsp Key Lime Juice
- Zest from 4 Key Limes
- Graham Cracker Crust of Choice (I used individual ones)
- Toast crust according to package directions.
- Combined Cream Cheese, Sugar, and Beer in mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Add Cool Whip and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add 1/2 of zest and juice and combined.
- Add mixture to crust and place in the refrigerator to allow to set for an hour or two.
- Sprinkle with extra zest before serving.
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Beer
- Heat beer over medium low heat until beer reduces and starts to become thickened.
- The beer can easily burn so do not leave the pan unattended.
- It will also have a bitter taste to it, but I found the sugar balances the bitterness and highlights the flavors in the beer.
- If you do not want to use the beer, just increase the amount of Key Lime Juice.
This recipe would also be great served in a bowl with a little graham cracker crumbled on top.
Now I have to find a place on the couch to curl up with Huck… Not sure if the boys are going to make room.
How can Oopie be comfortable like that??
This recipe is great and a nice lighter treat! I really hope you try it!! If you like Cheese Cake, like I do, you will love this!