Huck is great about doing little unexpected things to make my day. He will leave me notes on my pillow, tell me I look nice on a day when I feel horrible, and little surprises in my car, like today.
I eat lunch at the picnic tables outside at work everyday, but today, it was too windy. I was talking to Huck as I got in my car and was really confused. There were all these pictures all over the steering wheel, dash, and ceiling. I asked him if he put those there before I left this morning (Like I could have missed that). He laughed at me and said he came by my work and decorated my car to help make my day a little better. I sat in my car for a while before noticing the balloon and card in the passenger seat.
How can you have a bad day with surprise pictures, balloons, and cards in your car? Be jealous … He is all mine!! :)
He is beating me right now in sweet romantic stuff. I have to catch up!!
For dinner tonight, I tried something a little different.
- 1/2 lb Shrimp- Peeled and De-veined
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper- Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion- Chopped
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Ro Tel
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and continue cooking an additional 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over Cheesy Grits
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic- Chopped
- 6 Tbsp Quick Cooking Grits
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat another pan over medium heat and add oil and garlic.
- Stir in grits and add water.
- Whisk in cheeses.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover with lid and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Check seasonings and add additional salt and pepper as needed.