So a few days ago, I soaked some Pineapples in Rum. Today, I used the infused rum to make Pineapple and Mango Mojitos.
Pineapple Infused Rum
Adapted from Recipe for Strawberry Infused Vodka by Kerri Ortiz.
Fill a jar with a screw on lid (I used a mason jar) with pineapple pieces and cover with rum. Allow to sit in cool place for 5 days. Invert the jar a few times a day. Strain through coffee filter and ENJOY!
Simple Mint Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 5 Mint Leaves
- Mix together ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Turn off and allow to cool completely.
Pineapple and Mango Mojito
- 5 Mint Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Simple Mint Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Mango Juice (I squeezed out the mango juice)
- 1-2 Shots Infused Rum
- 1/4 Cup Club Soda (Look for calorie free and sodium free)
- Crushed Ice
- Mango Pieces- Frozen
- Extra Sugar for Rim of Glass
- Add mint and simple sugar to glass.
- Mash the mint and syrup together. I used the handle of a wood spoon.
- Add mango juice and rum. Stir together.
- Dip rim in mango juice and dip in sugar.
- Add crushed ice to glass and top with mango and rum mixture.
- Add frozen mango pieces and top with club soda.
- Stir and ENJOY!!
Make sure to taste your mixture as you go to make sure it is not to sweet. My mangos were really sweet. You may need to add extra syrup or less to your liking.
I was going to take the pictures by the pool, but there was a bunch of people out there including the head of our neighborhood committee. We are not allowed to have glass or alcohol in the pool area (I’m sure they were all drinking water from their Solo Cups). They are all old people, and I’m sure they would complain. I have a pretty good view from our patio though.