After a one mile run and lots of doing nothing, I made dinner. I used the leftover sausage and shrimp to make my version of Jambalaya.
- 1 Onion- Diced
- 5-7 Roma Tomatoes-Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic-Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper- Diced
- 1-2 Jalapenos- Finely Chopped
- 6 oz Sausage
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 8 oz Shrimp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and sausage to pan. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add stock and seasonings. Taste to check seasons and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve over rice.
Yesterday at Publix, Huck bought Rice Krispies. He said he would eat them. (Huck is an impulsive shopper!) I decided to make Rice Krispies Treats tonight. :)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
- Melt butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add Rice Krispies and stir to combined.
- Spread onto a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray (I used butter flavored) and allow to cool completely.
The directions make this recipe seem easy, but it requires lots of stirring! My arms started burning before the marshmallow started melting.
|Already taking a break from stirring!!|