Here is the recipe I promised yesterday. I hope you enjoy. This really is one of my favorites! You can make the tomato mixture a day before and assemble the packets a few hours before dinner. Then when you are ready to cook, just place the sheet pan in the oven. Great meal for entertaining!
Mediterranean Fish Packets
- 4 Roma Tomatoes- Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion- Chopped
- 1 Roasted Bell Pepper- Jarred or FreshlyRoasted- Chopped
- 10 Kalamata Olives- Pitted and Roughly Chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic- Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Capers- Drained
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley- Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano- Chopped (Or 1teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 lb Linguine (Dried or Fresh)
- 4 White Fish Fillets (Cod, Flounder, Tilapia,Swordfish)
o Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
o Cook pasta according to package directions. Cookpasta until it is just tender. It will continue to cook in the oven.
o In a large bowl combined tomatoes, onion,peppers, olives, garlic, capers, wine, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, crushedred pepper, and salt and pepper to taste and allow ingredients to marinatetogether for 20 minutes or overnight.
o Season both sides of the fish with salt andpepper.
o Lay out a piece of parchment paper about 12inches. Spoon in a ¼ of the pasta in the middle of the paper. Add a few 1/3 ofa cup of tomato mixture, then place the fish on top. Top fish with another 1/3of a cup of tomato mixture.
o Bring the sides of the parchment paper togetherand fold down. Foil the sides up to seal packet.
o Place packets on a sheet pan and cook for 12-15minutes.
o Serve from packets by cutting the packet opendown the middle. Be care because steam inside can be very hot.
o Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley andparmesan cheese as table.
|Yes, I make my own pasta! I’m cool like that! Or Crazy. Not sure!|
|My fish I caught Saturday! All that is left of him anyways!|
|Ingredients together before being wrapped in the parchment paper.|