You will never guess what we had for dinner tonight… Wait for it…. TACOS! Huck asked if I have done a post for tacos yet? Yea, about once a week :)
Since I figured you guys were sick of seeing my Tacos, I am adding a recipe I made a while back. These are some of the best cookies I have ever!! I may see if I can talk Huck into letting me use his newest brew for another batch.
I used one of Huck’s Wheat beers to make a glaze for these cookies. The recipe for the cookies came from the lid of the Quaker Oats container. I added a few extra ingredients to the dough and glazed them with the reduced beer.
Buck’s Brew. No labels for the bottles yet :(
Reducing the beer. This was right before it burned, so do not walk away. It only takes a few minutes and if it becomes to dark START OVER! Burnt beer does not taste good. Trust me!
Not the best plate to use when taking a picture of Orange glazed cookies.
Huck’s Own Honey Orange Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 stick plus 6 Tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup AP Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked Oats
- 1/2 cup Pecans (or any nut)
- 1/2 cup Toffee Bits
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in a few batches.
- Add oats, nuts, and toffee.
- Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. (Huck likes his cookies crispier, so I cook his for 13-15 minutes. I like mine gooey, so I cook them for 6-8 minutes.)
Wheat Beer Glaze
Reduce any fruity wheat beer over medium heat until it becomes thick. Drizzle beer over warm cookies and serve.