Last night, Huck and I enjoyed a quite evening of making beer and cooking food. It was awesome for both of us to be in the kitchen together, listening to music and doing what we both love to do. I cooked dinner… Huck made beer.
We also had our invisible friends take a few pictures of us too.
Sharing our passion with food and beer with each other.
After our photo shoot, we enjoyed our yummy dinner. (Beer will not be ready for a few weeks.)
Tortellini Veggie Soup
- 1/2 Onion- Chopped
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Small Zucchini- Chopped
- 1 Small Yellow Squash- Chopped
- 1 28oz Can Italian Tomatoes (I used whole tomatoes and crushed them with my hands)
- 2 Cups Frozen Spinach
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Chicken Breast- Diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Parmesan Cheese Rim (I save the rim for soups)
- 1 Package Tortellini of choice
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Handful of Basil- Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add chicken to pot. Season with salt and pepper and cook through.
- Remove chicken and add onions, garlic, zucchini, and squash to pot. Cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan with stock, tomatoes, bay leave, and more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add spinach and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add tortellini to pot and cook until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil and serve.
I thought I took a picture of the finished product, but I can’t find it. I guess the invisible friend erased it!
Huck and I are so very different, but what makes us different also make us work together so well. I’m excited to see what our future holds!
*****(And, Yes, we did take pictures of ourselves last night. This is what happens when you have very few friends in a new city! We have been here 6 months. We are not going to be able to use the excuse, we are new to the area for much longer!!)