A long over due recipe with nice pictures. These are great. I will have to make extra next time, for sure. I have a few recipes to post and need to do a wedding update and a few restaurant post. So much to do, so little time. Saturday, my plan is to lay around the house and watch College Football (I’m so excited!!), so hopefully, I can do it then. For now, here is a great recipe for your football parties!
- 3 Roma Tomatoes- Diced- Seeds and juice removed
- 1/4 Onion- Fine Diced
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves- Minced
- 1 Handful of Basil- Torn or chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Reduced Balsamic Vinegar (Recipe to follow)
- 1 large Baguette (I used and Italian Multi-Grain)
- Olive Oil
- Slice bread into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil on one side.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat and place bread in pan oil side down.
- Drizzle oil on other side. Do not toast bread to much otherwise they become to crunchy.
- Mix together tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of bread with a spoonful or two of tomato mixture.
- Drizzle some of the reduced balsamic vinegar over and serve.
Reduced Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 bottle of Balsamic Vinegar (I used Publix brand)
- Add vinegar to pot and heat over medium high heat.
- Once the vinegar comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the pot because it will reduce quickly and you do not want burnt vinegar. Also do not stand over the pot. The vinegar smell is STRONG!!!
- Turn off heat and allow to cool in pan for 10-15 more minutes. The vinegar will continue to thicken during this time.