After getting off work, me and Huck rode our bikes around town. We found a skate park a couple blocks from our house. Watching them made me miss my old job, as bad as that sounds.
Huck told me I should explain why watching kids fall down on skateboards made me miss my old job. I figured anyone who reads my blog from CHOA would understand but just in case here you go… I worked as an Ortho Tech in a Pediatric Emergency Room in Georgia. Almost always, kids would break a bone one of two ways. Monkey Bars or Skate Parks. My favorite times at work were night shift during the Spring and Summer. If I was the Ortho Tech that night, I knew it was going to be busy. I was able to assist with procedures like Bier Blocks or sedation. I liked being an Ortho Techs’ because, I could do more then a regular Tech. I would work one on one with the ED Doctors and the Ortho Residents and people would ask me questions about what I thought about a patient or what should they do (I didn’t know the answers 90% of the time but it felt good being asked). It made me feel like a valuable part of the department. Super Cheesy I know! I would shut up about how much a missed CHOA if I liked my job more here :)*
Anyways, tonight, for dinner I made ratatouille with roasted chicken.
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion-Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Zucchini- Sliced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes- Sliced
- 4 Purple Potatoes- Sliced
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat pan over medium high heat.
- Saute onions for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for a minute more.
- Slice all vegetables 1/4 inch thick.
- In a greased baking dish, add onion-garlic mixture.
- Layer vegetables around dish on top of onions.
- Add rosemary and sprinkle with extra oil.
- Cover with foil and cook 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 extra minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- You can also add egg plant, summer squash, and use regular potatoes.
I served dinner with just a roasted chicken. I seasoned the chicken with chopped garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
|Now time to curl up on the couch with some ice cream and My Name is Earl. Goodnight!|