My recent blogs (which have been few and far between lately) have been missing some stuff.
I looked at some of my older post and realized the dogs have been MIA lately! You haven’t missed much as you can see.
Ginny was watching TV with Huck.
Oopie found a new toy and did not want to give it up! Look how sad he looks. Like a sad old man!
And then he was out!
Today was my last official day at the restaurant. It was a temporary job, so I knew this day was coming since I started. I was still sad though! I really enjoyed working with Warren. I told his wife my list of favorite co-workers goes… #1 Jilda #2 Warren! They are both great people and I will miss seeing them every day.
BUT the good thing is, I’m not unemployed I’m actually going to Tampa for a meeting with my new employer tomorrow. I’m not looking forward to traveling across the state and staying in a hotel alone, though. I do plan to stop at Seventh Sun Brewery to see Huck’s friends (the owners) Justin and Devon while I’m there. Huck is sending me over with beer to trade with them. His beer for theirs.
And for another thing missing from my blog lately….FOOD!
- 1 Package Dried Manicotti Pasta
- 1lb Lean Ground Turkey- Browned
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese (Not Fat Free…. FAIL!)
- 2 Cups Spinach (I used frozen chopped thawed and drained)
- Handful of Basil Leaves- Torn
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Can Jarred Pasta Sauce
- Cook Manicotti according to package directions.
- Heat pan to medium heat and add turkey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, 1 cup of spinach, basil, and 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- In a separate bowl, mix together turkey, basil, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and spinach.
- Stuff each manicotti with mixture. I did 4 ricotta cheese and 10 turkey.
- Pour an even coating of pasta sauce into baking dish. Top with manicotti and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Baked covered for 20 minutes at 350. Remove foil and turn on broiler until cheese is browned and bubbly.
AMAZING!! And the combo of turkey and ricotta was perfect. Huck doesn’t like ricotta, so I had to make it appeal to him too.
Huck wanted a little pasta with his crushed red pepper.
Well that’s all for now. Off to bed. I have a long drive tomorrow!