Me and my computer had a lot of good times together. It allowed me to lay in my comfortable bed to play on the internet, I stayed connected to family while I was in Italy, and provided me hundreds of hours of Facebooking, Pinteresting, and blog stalking. My laptop was 6 years old and still worked better then Huck’s computer he bought a few months ago. I will really miss him! I am just hoping I can find my junk drive I saved all my pictures on a few months ago when I though it was dying. Guess it is time for a new one :)
I ordered the 1/2 Cuban Sandwich and bowl of Chicken Noodle soup. The sandwich was good, but the soup was really greasy.
I still ate it all though.
After lunch, we stopped at Publix for food for New Years Day. The traditional Black Eyed Peas and Collard Greens. Publix also had their Pork Tenderloins on sale for $1.99lb. We bought a 12 lb piece of meat for $24. I asked them to cut it down to 2 lb roast, and when we came home I cut two of the roast into pork chops. We have 6 meals and each one will make lots of leftovers. It was a great deal.
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey (I used leftover taco meat with peppers, onions, and corn already added)
- 1 Can Ro Tel
- 1/2 Onion-Diced
- 1/2 Cup Corn
- 1 Yellow Pepper-Diced
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Can Kidney Beans
- 8 oz Cut Okra (optional
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper (depending on how hot you like your food)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown meat in a pan with a little cooking spray, onions, and peppers.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips or cornbread and sour cream and cheese.
This recipe can be cooked in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. If you use the slow cooker brown the meat first.
|I love all the different colors|
|I bought these tortillas chips at Whole Foods. I thought they were cute for Christmas.|