Tonight, I started dinner with no plan. I knew it was going to have Broccoli, Salmon, and Whole Wheat Garlic pasta from our trip to the Farmers Market.
While my water was boiling, I decided to make Salmon Carbonara. I usually make carbonara with shrimp, but I thought this would be a good way to stretch the one salmon filet we had.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic-Minced
- 1/4 lb Ham or Bacon- Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 6 oz Salmon Filet-Chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 lb Pasta
- 1/2 lb Broccoli Florets
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat pan to medium heat and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for a minute or two and remove.
- Cook pasta according to directions in same pot you cooked the broccoli.
- Add oil, ham, and garlic to pan. Saute a 2-3 minutes.
- Add salmon to pan and continue cooking.
- Add Broccoli to pan and combine all the ingredients.
- Save 3/4-1 cup hot pasta water and add to egg yolk stirring while combining.
- Add fish to pasta and stir in egg mixture. Check seasoning and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.