Every time I make fajitas, I always say “we should do this more often.” They were so good. And leftover made great lunch burritos.
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 Large Bell Peppers-Sliced
- 1 Red Onion- Sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Ground Pepper Powder- I used 2 tsp of jalapeno powder but we like it hot.
- 1 lb of Shrimp (minus 8 for eggrolls)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, peppers, onions, garlic and pepper powder.
- Cook veggies 3-5 minutes or until tender. I like my veggies with a little crunch.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper and add to hot pan. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.
For lunch, the next day, I added my fajitas and refried beans to a burrito sized tortillas, rolled it up, and toasted it in a pan for an extra crunchy texture.
Huck and I are huge fans of leftovers for lunch. It always blows my mind when people say they do not eat leftovers. We save so much money that way. And I’m such a badass cook, we fight over who gets to eat more of whatever I cooked
I have been wanting to find motivation to run. I am a big fan of healthy living blogs and read about all the girls that love to run. I keep telling myself I am going to start and then I don’t.
Today, I was on Active’s website looking for a 5K or 10K (haha yea right) at the end of December beginning of January. That way I would have something to work for.
On my search, I found the most amazing thing ever! Not only does it sound fun but it just seem perfect for me and Huck and the blog.
Tap N Run is a 4K (because 5 is just to much). The race starts with everyone, at the starting line, chugging beer. Along the 2.5 mile course, there are 4 chugging stations where you must chug more beer (It’s just 4 oz.) This race sounds like it was made for Life Food and Beer
There are costume and mustache contest, too. And if you do not want to chug beer, they have water available.
So Tap N Run is the first race I have signed up for. Maybe not what I was going for when i said I wanted motivation, but I do not want to be huffing and puffing to much during the 2.5 miles.
To all my Georgia people, they have a race in Atlanta on 11/17/2012. The race isn’t until January but stay tuned for an update.
I seen this today too and thought about getting it for my car.
Well, I’m going to curl up on the couch and enjoy our rainy weather.