I was telling a fellow blogger about some of my beer cookies today and realized, I did not have any posted on my blog. I copied this from my old blog, and now I may have to make a new batch. :)
What will I make with beer today… cookies Duh!!
This beer, by Terrapin, is a Chocolate Milk Stout. Perfect for cookies.
Cookies meet beer
Adding dry ingredients to wet.
Stout Oatmeal Cookies
- 6oz Stout Beer (use something with chocolate, nuts, oatmeal ect. I used Terrapin Moo Hoo)
- 3/4 cup Shortening or Butter (I used half butter and half shortening because that is all I had)
- 1 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Oats
- Beer Glaze (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In sauce pan, reduce beer over low heat by half. You will have 3 oz beer when finished. Cool to room temperature before adding to mixture. Stir often because it can burn.
- Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and beer.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add in batches to wet ingredients.
- Finally mix in oats.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of batter and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. (I like my cookies gooey so I cooked them for 10-12 minutes. Huck likes his crispy 12-15 minutes.)
- Makes 52 servings.
- 1/2 Cup Reduced beer
- Powdered sugar
Mix cooled beer into powdered sugar a teaspoon at a time until you get the consistency and flavor desired.
90 Calories per cookie with glaze
(Serving size: 1 Tbsp of batter with a drizzle of beer glaze)