The semi-retired life isn’t all that great. I just haven’t had much luck with jobs since moving to Florida. I’m currently receiving claims from an Independent Insurance company, but I am not getting enough to keep me busy through out the day. Sitting around the house all day is not fun! There is only so many times you can clean something. Last week, I took 5 bags of clothes to Goodwill.
Cooking always makes me feel better, thought, so I took to the kitchen for some chopping therapy. People always tell me they feel cooking is too stressful, but I find cooking a great stress reliever. I’m so focused on what I’m cooking, I forget about everything else.
Huck laid out pork chops for dinner earlier today. I was in the mood for steak and decided to add the veggies like I have with my steak in the past. It turned out really good. The key to Pork is not to over cook it! There is nothing worse than dry pork chops.
Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Onions
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Boneless Pork Chops- 1 inch thick
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves Garlic- Diced
- 1/2 Onion-Diced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms- Slice
- 1 Handful of Parsley- Chopped
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and add to pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes and flip. Continue cooking until meat is cooked through (about 7 more minutes, maybe longer)
- Remove pork from pan and cover with foil.
- Add stock to pan to deglaze the pan.
- Add Dijon, garlic, onions, half the parsley and mushrooms to pan. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Pour veggie mixture over pork and sprinkle with leftover parsley.
Huck and I did a crazy hard arm/chest workout today, so I’m sure I’ll be hurting tomorrow. I am working at the restaurant tomorrow, too. It is going to be painful. I enjoy working there though and looking forward to it.