My estimating software, for work, isn’t working today, so I get the day off! I didn’t touch anything work related all weekend with the plan to do everything Monday. So much for that idea!!
I guess I get a three day weekend, though. I have some wedding stuff to do anyways.
Last night, I made Pasta Bake. Our neighbors where talking about pasta at the pool yesterday, and when it was time to cook dinner, it sounded easy and good.
Makes 6 Servings.
- 1 lb Pasta- Any kind will work
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey- I used 93-7.
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion- Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms- Chopped
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (I used Kraft Fat Free)
- 1 Tbsp Butter- Melted
- 1/3 Cup Panko or Regular Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Add oil to large pan and brown meat with onions and garlic. Drain meat if needed.
- Add pasta sauce to meat and reduce temp to low.
- Drain pasta and combine ingredients.
- Add mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter together and sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake, in oven, until cheese is melted and bread crumbs are browned.
The great think about a dish like this, you can make it ahead of time and you can feed an army, for cheap!
If you are having a party, you can make everything the day before and store it in the refrigerator. 30-40 minutes before you’re ready for dinner, take it out of the refrigerator and pop in the oven. You will not be stuck preparing dinner while your friend or family are having fun.
I made this one time for a Wine Party we had at our Georgia house. I had, like, two cases of wine for when I moved out of my old house, and Huck’s friend Nate and I decided to have a “sophisticated” Wine Party at the house. Everyone was suppose to dress up and we were going to drink wine, instead of the usually Keystones (that’s one step below natty light.) I spent like $20 for feed over 20 people. You can’t beat that!!
I think Shelly and I, the only two to drink the wine, had maybe one glass of wine each. The only thing sophisticated about that night was everyone drank their Keystones out of wine/water glasses instead of the can. Fun Times. Oh and the guys did a great job dressing up, too!!
Gump drove an hour out of the way to get a Tuxedo Shirt to wear!
The Host and Co-Host
Fun night!! It’s looking back on stuff like this, that make me miss home! 4.5 more weeks and everyone will be down here for the wedding!! I can’t wait!!