Yesterday started with a blackened blueberry muffin. Blackened= very burnt. I had a few left over muffins that I toasted in the oven to help crisp the tops. I got distracted! Does anyone else remember they have something under the broiler and go running and screaming to the kitchen??
Once I pulled the tops off, they were good to go.
My blackened muffin was served with some of the sweetest strawberries I’ve had all season and a cup of coffee. Again, why did I not drink coffee when I worked in the ER??
For lunch, I figured I would stick with a sandwich. Less risk of eating burnt food again.
I only had 1/2 a bag of the Sun Chips. Not my favorite but I didn’t want to waste them. The cantaloupe is really good too. It is hard to find a really sweet cantaloupe, and I usually do not buy them because of it. They were on sale at Publix last week for $0.99, so I figured if it wasn’t that good, I didn’t spend much.
Last night, Huck went to the Bx Beer Depot for the beer class. I wasn’t in the mood to drink/talk about beer and spent my time alone watching Indie Films that I know Huck would hate. On the list was Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling. He looked horrible in the movie. (Why did he have to have a receding hair line. The movie was only over a course of like 6 years!)
The movie was very depressing and uncomfortable to watch, but they both did an amazing acting job. I couldn’t tell if it was a movie or a reality show. And while writing these, I seen that the movie originally had a NC-17 rating. Really?? If this movie is that bad, what will the Fifty Shades series be?
After the movie, I made a yummy dinner. Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Parmesan. Huck does not like ricotta cheese, so I figured it was a way I could sneak it into my pasta.
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (About 3 Breast)
- 1 Egg- Whisk
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Basil- Chopped
- 1/4 lb Spaghetti
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Parsley- Chopped
- Parmesan Cheese- Grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Hold chicken flat on cutting board and cut a pocket into the side. Be careful not to cut through to other side.
- Mix together ricotta and basil. (You could add spinach too)
- Stuff 2 Tbsp of mixture into chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dip in egg and then in bread crumbs.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add enough oil to lightly coat pan. Place chicken in pan and cook until golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking warm pasta sauce and add to pasta.
- Serve chicken with pasta and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese before serving.
As you can tell, my chicken came out a little dark too. It was burnt food today in our house. I just added extra sauce to the top to hide it Luckily it was not dry. The ricotta was a nice touch, too.
I thought I would leave you with a few pictures from this weekend.
And I thought I would leave you with a picture of Oopie just “hanging out”! Really it is a dogs life!!