This morning started with a HomeMade Egg McMuffin. Instead of cheese, I used Low Fat Cream Cheese. It adds extra creaminess to it. I was really upset when I over cooked the egg, though. I enjoyed a glass of milk with my breakfast. I’m trying to consume more calcium.
After an almost 2 hour ride to South Miami and back, we arrived home just in time for lunch. I had leftovers from dinner for my lunch. I tried a sample from the Publix Apron the other day while shopping and wanted to try it at home. I did a few different things from the original recipe.
Honey-Rosemary Chicken and Bulgur
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary- Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger- Grated
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion-Chopped
- 8 oz Mushrooms- Sliced
- 1 Cup Bulgur
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Light Asian Sesame Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together Orange, rosemary, honey, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and brush on half of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes; baste chicken every 10 minutes with remaining mixture.
- While chicken is cooking, preheat pot. Add oil and onions and mushroom: cook a few minutes or until tender.
- Add Bulgur and stir. Toast for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir in water and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir in sesame seed dressing and serve.
- Remove Chicken from oven and let rest. Slice and serve over bulgur.
- 2 Lemons-Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes- Halved
- 8 oz Fresh Kale- Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 oz Slivered Almonds- Toasted
- Add lemon juice to bowl. Whisk in oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix kale, tomatoes, dressing, Parmesan, and Almonds together.
My lunch did not look this pretty! :)
After lunch, I took a nap! A 2 hour nap! I felt horrible after waking up. I thought a run before dinner would make me feel better. Me and Ginny went for a mile run around the neighborhood. We were attacked by 3 little yapping dogs and a crazy lady screaming at them to get inside on our way back home. I was scared Ginny was going to hurt one of them when they were nipping at his legs. I told the lady she needed to pick her dogs up and take them inside instead of just screaming at them. It made for an interesting story :)
While I was running, Huck made us spaghetti with lots of veggies. He added onion, peppers, and mushrooms to the sauce, and I enjoyed my paste with more Kale Salad.
And that was another WIAW extra veggie edition.